Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day #67 - Lots of Subs on the Job!

I stopped by the house late this afternoon and discovered that three subs had been on the job.  The framers were still working diligently on the siding and the finish wood shingles had been installed on the front of the garage.  It looks really great!


The plumbers were still  on the job when I arrived.  When I went inside I saw that the HVAC guys had been there and the ducts were installed.  I had no idea they would be 16" in diameter!  Wow, are they big!


I am glad to get this picture as they will be enclosed in drywall and not able to be seen.

Today marks a milestone - half way through the timeline to finish the house.  Exciting times!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, it’s looking great. It must be a relief to know your crew wasn’t working behind schedule. It is one less worry for an owner making major home improvements. By the way, I commend you for choosing wood for the roof material. It says something good about your stand on environmental concerns. It sounds susceptible, but wood shingles can last long once properly sealed.

    - Gabrielle Jeromy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabrielle,

    The roofing singles are actually lifetime guarantee asphalt. Wood is a very dangerous roofing material in SW Oregon due to summer fire seasons that run from 120+ days to 150 days annually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clarification Gabrielle, the shingles I wrote about are the ones on the front of the garage at the peak. I should have been more clear. Sorry for the confusions.

    ReplyDelete