Monday, September 10, 2012

Day #29 - Regulatory Delay

I flew to Ohio last Thursday and expected to return to find the sub floor installed.  I returned yesterday afternoon and stopped by the job site to find no sub floor and quite a bit of new excavation.  It was obvious that work was continuing apace yet something had caused a delay.

I visited the job site this morning and talked with the general contractor.  He said that the city inspector had required that the sewer line be moved as it was too close to the well.  This required more excavation to bury the new lines.




I stopped by the house again tonight, and the general informed me the city inspector was now happy and that everything would be back filled by the end of the day, and the sub floor was scheduled to be installed tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment